ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to carry when entering UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joju_uk
Newly Registered

Documents to carry when entering UK

Post by joju_uk » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 am

Dear Friends,

I got tier 01 visa recently and am planning to resign in this week. Do i have to take care anything else apart from my visa for going to UK. Like any documents? Please put your suggestion.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 01 visa clarification

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:24 am

joju_uk wrote:Dear Friends,

I got tier 01 visa recently and am planning to resign in this week. Do i have to take care anything else apart from my visa for going to UK. Like any documents? Please put your suggestion.
It is a good to carry all the documents you used to obtain the visa along with you.

thelionking
BANNED

Re: Tier 01 visa clarification

Post by thelionking » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:41 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
joju_uk wrote:Dear Friends,

It is a good to carry all the documents you used to obtain the visa along with you.

Not really, all you need is the passport, with visa stamped on it, u don't need anything else ...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Do I need to bring any documents with me to the UK?
On arrival, an immigration officer may ask you to show evidence of your reasons for coming to the UK. This may include travel tickets, evidence of funding, letters from your sponsor or businesses you are visiting, or schools you will study at. You should carry in your hand luggage copies of documents that you showed to the visa officer.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... a#20768309

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:14 am

aruni4470 wrote:Do I need to bring any documents with me to the UK?
On arrival, an immigration officer may ask you to show evidence of your reasons for coming to the UK. This may include travel tickets, evidence of funding, letters from your sponsor or businesses you are visiting, or schools you will study at. You should carry in your hand luggage copies of documents that you showed to the visa officer.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... a#20768309

dont scare jojo man, he has entry clearance not a visit visa ... and really unless you look dodgy, are coming from africa or south america or don't speak no english, dressed dodgy, look suspicious, you don't get asked all that ... they guy afterall got tier 1, so i am assuming is a highly skilled well educated person ...

yo, dude, you landed already? pls. share what happened at the airport? the so called gurus here on forum have a tendency of scaring newbies for no reason ...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:50 am

I don't understand what is scary in carrying a copy of documents you used to get your entry clearance. While most of them don't have any problem at the immigration desk, these documents might get handy.

Please think twice before you accuse somebody, thelionking.

Nobody tries to intimidate the newbies here.

I have advised what I think is correct. It is upto the OP to take it or leave it.

Ple