ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family member and tuition fees

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnny9765

Extended family member and tuition fees

Post by johnny9765 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:05 pm

If anyone has been through this situation or have any knowledge some advice would be very appreciated. I was issued with a residence card this year as a unmarried partner of a EEA national and wanting to enrol at university this year.

I am unsure about the tuition category i will be charged, either as a home student or overseas student. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Casa

Re: Extended family member and tuition fees

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:19 pm

This link to the UKSIA advises at least 3 years of UK residence in order to qualify for home fees.
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... Education/

Also note "The definitions of family members in the fees regulations are different from, and more restrictive than, those used in immigration law."
An Unmarried Partner doesn't appear to be listed as a 'relevant family member' as far as fees are concerned.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.