ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

income tax declaration process to hmrc

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Truhislo
Newly Registered

income tax declaration process to hmrc

Post by Truhislo » Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 am

Hi,

I have been permanently employed from end of last year and I received my P60 from my employer this month. Could you please let me know if I need to declare IT returns to HMRC from my side too as my employer is deducting NI and income tax every month?

If I need to declare, what is the process please.

Thanks much

alterhase58
Germany

Re: income tax declaration process to hmrc

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:20 pm

Truhislo wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 am
Hi,

I have been permanently employed from end of last year and I received my P60 from my employer this month. Could you please let me know if I need to declare IT returns to HMRC from my side too as my employer is deducting NI and income tax every month?

If I need to declare, what is the process please.

Thanks much
As you receive a P60 your employer deducts and accounts to HMRC for tax and national insurance. You do not need to voluntarily submit an income tax return unless you have other income which is taxable outside of PAYE, such as interest, dividends, rental income, capital gains, etc, over the tax free thresholds. Then you should do a self-assessment return. Or if HMRC tell you you are required to do one. I believe these are online now so it would be advisable to register for an HMRC gateway account which will have all your tax related details. https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.