ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landed in UK...now what next?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anishpadela

Landed in UK...now what next?

Post by anishpadela » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Folks, I have landed to UK on Tier 1 visa.....now is there any other process to go through?? I read somewhere we need to register with local police station...is it true...can someone provide much details on this...Anis

anishpadela

Re: even you dont know that

Post by anishpadela » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Premkumar99 wrote:thats why go back

Stay out...man...it looks someone has kisked ur mule here so u r suggesting to go back to others...trust me this is not the case....we are here with serious business in mind not to spend time on useless people like u....just F**K off...

ash786
BANNED

Re: Landed in UK...now what next?

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:27 pm

anishpadela wrote:Folks, I have landed to UK on Tier 1 visa.....now is there any other process to go through?? I read somewhere we need to register with local police station...is it true...can someone provide much details on this...Anis
U only need to register with the police if this requirement is written in u passport. If its not written in u passport then you do not need to.

ash786
BANNED

Re: just go back

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:29 pm

anishpadela wrote:
Premkumar99 wrote:once you land here then plan to go back. thats what they are doing here.
Dude..not to worry...I already have a job in hand....just let me know the process after landing to UK??
There is no process find uself a job and start earning money and pay taxes to save the going down UK economy.

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:29 pm

ash786 wrote:
anishpadela wrote:Folks, I have landed to UK on Tier 1 visa.....now is there any other process to go through?? I read somewhere we need to register with local police station...is it true...can someone provide much details on this...Anis
U only need to register with the police if this requirement is written in u passport. If its not written in u passport then you do not need to.
No nothing has been mentioned in my passport....neither I am asked by immigration officer at time of entering UK...

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:31 pm

anishpadela wrote:
ash786 wrote:
No nothing has been mentioned in my passport....neither I am asked by immigration officer at time of entering UK...
If its not written then dont register.

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:37 pm

ash786 wrote:
anishpadela wrote:
ash786 wrote:
If its not written then dont register.
I have another question abt maintenance funs while appling for dependant...I want my wife and one son to bring to UK...I have just entered in this month so how much funds I need to have in my bank account throughout 3 months....800+1600+1600 = 4000 or 2800+1600+1600 = 6000....I am not sure...can u help me in this.?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:50 pm

You don need to register with police , as you are on Tier1.
I presume that you have arrenged for your accomodation in UK( have u landed in London?/)... :)
To do list( basic)
1. Apply for NI number( To pay up for your National Insurance, This number is very important once you have a job in hand).
2.Open a Bank account near to your residence.
3. Register with NHS.
Later, if you wish u can apply for UK provisional Licence( for driving)- Optional, depending on your job requirement/personal choice!!!

Good luck!!

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:56 pm

dima wrote:
I presume that you have arrenged for your accomodation in UK( have u landed in London?/)... :)
To do list( basic)
1. Apply for NI number( To pay up for your National Insurance, This number is very important once you have a job in hand).
3. Register with NHS.
Later, if you wish u can apply for UK provisional Licence( for driving)- Optional, depending on your job requirement/personal choice!!!

Good luck!!
No. 2 and 3 will be taken care....I am not aware abt how to get NI number...can u guide me for that...

push

Post by push » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:05 pm

anishpadela wrote:
dima wrote:
To do list( basic)
3. Register with NHS.

Good luck!!
No. 2 and 3 will be taken care....I am not aware abt how to get NI number...can u guide me for that...
Search net for National Insurance.You will see a contact number.Call them up - fix an appointment and meet them with requisite documents (they will tell you).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
anishpadela wrote:
dima wrote:
To do list( basic)
3. Register with NHS.

Good luck!!
Search net for National Insurance.You will see a contact number.Call them up - fix an appointment and meet them with requisite documents (they will tell you).
Well I am on Onsite assignment in UK so I dont pay any taxes...I get my net salary....will being onsite assignment will make any problem??

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 pm

anishpadela wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
anishpadela wrote:
dima wrote:
To do list( basic)
3. Register with NHS.

Good luck!!
Well I am on Onsite assignment in UK so I dont pay any taxes...I get my net salary....will being onsite assignment will make any problem??
Check this link.. It may be of some use!!!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... G_10014073

Jniuan
Newly Registered

Post by Jniuan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi Anish,

1- I registered with the police when I arrived at the UK as It was written on
my EC. But that is a requirement for specific countries, Not everybody needs it. It wasn't mentioned on your stamp so no worries. you can check the list of the countries need to be registered with the police.

2- I Opened a bank account. It is difficult here in terms of proving your
address as you've just arrived you need bills or similar stuff to prove it, I'd bought a car and the reg certificate (V2C or something like that) was sufficient for Bank of Scotland.

3- I called the Job Center for an appointment for National Insurance number After I got my contract from the company. I don't remember but it was required to be economically active. (Please correct if I am wrong). They gave me appointment for next day. I am in Scotland probably that was the reason for a quick appointment. You can get your NI number after you start working. no rush for that.
Last edited by Jniuan on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 pm

anishpadela wrote: Well I am on Onsite assignment in UK so I dont pay any taxes...I get my net salary....will being onsite assignment will make any problem??
Not a problem at the beginning, and it's a good start to be earning money right away. But you will need to find a job within the UK that would pay UK taxes, this is important when you apply for extension and settlement later on. Your UK payslips and tax statements will be required. Also, when your dependents apply for their visa, your payslips might be required. So are your UK bank account statements (will your salary be paid into a UK bank account?). Good luck.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Jniuan wrote:Hi Anish,

3- I called the Job Center for an appointment for National Insurance number After I got my contract from the company. I don't remember but it was required to be economically active. (Please correct if I am wrong). They gave me appointment for next day. I am in Scotland probably that was the reason for a quick appointment. You can get your NI number after you start working. no rush for that.

I dont think you need a job for NI, i got my NI done in the first month itself and never had a job that time. Just went to the JobCenterPlus, called the helpdesk, gave my name, address etc details. They sent a form to my address which I filled and sent it back, my NI card arrived in about 3 weeks time.

Regards
Jedi001

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:25 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
anishpadela wrote:
dima wrote:
To do list( basic)
3. Register with NHS.

Good luck!!
Anish,

Though getting NI no. is a stright forward process as adviced by push_hsmp, better check with your employer first before applying for it. Your employer might have taken care of it. Generally this is the case when people land in UK on onsight assignment employer take care of NI no., opening bank account etc.(Guess it saves them some tax too in some way).

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:56 pm

bani wrote:
anishpadela wrote: Well I am on Onsite assignment in UK so I dont pay any taxes...I get my net salary....will being onsite assignment will make any problem??
Not a problem at the beginning, and it's a good start to be earning money right away. But you will need to find a job within the UK that would pay UK taxes, this is important when you apply for extension and settlement later on. Your UK payslips and tax statements will be required. Also, when your dependents apply for their visa, your payslips might be required. So are your UK bank account statements (will your salary be paid into a UK bank account?). Good luck.
Yes...my salary will be paid in my UK bank account...and I will be able to get UK bank statements while appling for dependants....hope this is OK..

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:09 pm

anishpadela wrote:Yes...my salary will be paid in my UK bank account...and I will be able to get UK bank statements while appling for dependants....hope this is OK..
In that case please ensure that your National Insurance number is sorted. You will not receive a NI number unless you attend an interview personally with the Job Centre, so please arrange for that asap because until then you will be taxed at a higher rate.