ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to UK during pregnancy

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jack_m
Newly Registered

Moving to UK during pregnancy

Post by Jack_m » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:59 am

Hello
I will be moving shortly with my husband to London (tier 1 visa)
I would like to know if the fact I am pregnant (week 16) will have any effect on my rights in NHS etc...

Thanks for your help

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:10 pm

But why post this query about pregnancy and NHS in a Tier 1 discussion forum??

:?:

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aragorn99

Re: Moving to UK during pregnancy

Post by aragorn99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:52 pm

Jack_m wrote:Hello
I will be moving shortly with my husband to London (tier 1 visa)
I would like to know if the fact I am pregnant (week 16) will have any effect on my rights in NHS etc...

Thanks for your help
My wife moved to the UK when she was pregnant too ( as my dependant, me being on a work permit). It will not have any effect on your rights. You can get NHS care just as any UK citizen would. Just be sure to register with the local surgery as soon as you come in. The NHS is very good for pregnancies, so do not worry.

aragorn99

Post by aragorn99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:But why post this query about pregnancy and NHS in a Tier 1 discussion forum??

:?:

regards
Her question is relevant as she is asking if her moving on a Tier 1 dependent visa will have any effects on her right to treatment in NHS. Plus why are you poking your nose into topics that have no relevance to you. Read your signature again.

jimmylau8080

Yup is free

Post by jimmylau8080 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Don't worry, your still cover by NHS.

My wife come to UK pregnant (week 24), and I am Work Permit holder. She still cover by NHS.

But, please register with doctor as soon as you arrival and have some of the pregnant record from your doctor in your country will help the doctor in UK follow-up your case easily