ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My asylum case and work permit

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amibaby1
Newly Registered

My asylum case and work permit

Post by Amibaby1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:24 am

Hello applied asylum last year january,no reply till February 2015 for an interview,went for interview febuary with my two kids age 7yrs and 4yrs but i was interviewed alone,so now i got a letter 3weeks ago saying i should send my son's passport photo they dont have it in file,before they can review my case,i have send it off as recorded delivery immediately,i dont understand,cos we took alot of photo even did a biometric they took photo of us,but still doesn't have my son's on file,but is been 3weeks now,how long will it take for them to decide? Is my case progressing? ...... And also i applied for work permit as is been more than 12months I applied for asylum,i got a letter just last week that i have been granted a permission to work,i called the number they provided for me to call for an appointment to get my arc card change but was told it might take up to 7weeks for me to get am appointment,can i apply for a job now? Cos i really need to work or i have to wait for the appointment day to change my arc card before search for a job? Please your reply will be appreciated,need a kind reply please

aiza78601

Re: My asylum case and work permit

Post by aiza78601 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 pm

i got my appointment for work permit after 4 months and my neighbor got after 9 months.they took so long for appointment.but u can apply for work without arc card.u can show ur employer that letter which home office sent for for work permitting