ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mustafa yakabov
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Name change

Post by Mustafa yakabov » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi there,
Sorry if I didn’t choose the right place to post my question.
Recently changed my name in Bulgaria. Now I want to update my new name here in Uk where I’m living almost 10 years. I have proof from Bulgarian court which I will translate in english and legalise.
My question is, can use this document for prof to change my driving license, bank account, NIN and other institutions.
Thank in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Name change

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 am

You can change your name in the UK via deed poll. Remember that if you also hold UK nationality and passport, the passport office will only issue a new British passport with your new name only if you can show that you legally changed your name in your Bulgarian passport too.

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice