ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Law DVLA Drivers licence revocation due to unlawful stay

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunnyhoney666

New Law DVLA Drivers licence revocation due to unlawful stay

Post by sunnyhoney666 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi guys
This new thing introduced by HO to revoke dvla licence, bank accounts and NHS service. My licence has been rovoked due to unlawful stay. My 10+ years child application is pending for registration as British. We do not have any application for rest of our other family members but further representaion. Can somebody please help us and advise if we go for appeal through magistrate court as advised in dvla letter.
our family life got disturbed being having car. We have a very established private life and ties here. We are just waiting for our child,s result so wr can lodge fresh application.
do you any experience about this situation or you gone through from this process. I need some advise how can i avoid revocation of my license.

Obie
Ireland

Re: New Law DVLA Drivers licence revocation due to unlawful

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:39 am

Put in a Human right application. And then inform them that u have pending case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Shahryar
Newly Registered

Re: New Law DVLA Drivers licence revocation due to unlawful

Post by Shahryar » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi Sunny,

I am really worried and in the same situation, I would like to talk to you personally asap and wanted to know what did you do about that, can you please contact me on sasap mate, I will be very grateful to you. Please don't ignore, I am really desperate.

Thanks and Regards
Shahryar

sunnyhoney666

Drivers licence revoked due to illegal stay

Post by sunnyhoney666 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:27 am

Hi
Can somebody please help me how to re-apply for my revoked UK drivers licence due to illegal stay in the UK? I've got status now but don't know what to do and who to contact to be re-instead my licence. I've got a British child and 2 other child and my wife with same 30 months status. Now we all are legal residents

Please help me.

Sunny

vinny

Re: Drivers licence revoked due to illegal stay

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:41 am

[url=https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/249250/Factsheet_11_-_Driving_Licences.pdf]Immigration Bill Factsheet: Migrants’ access to UK driving licences (clauses 41-42)[/url] wrote:Can a migrant who has had his or her licence revoked apply for a new licence?
Yes, after regularising his or her immigration status and paying the prescribed fee for a new driving licence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 am

Same was mentioned in this Lords Debate.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/lords/?id ... 3-17a.35.1

Unfortunately the driving licence does not appear to cater for this. Speaking of the government disregard for migrant.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sunnyhoney666

Post by sunnyhoney666 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:43 am

Hi thanks for your quick response. Could you also please advise me which form should I use or who to inform or send that form?

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

sunnyhoney666

Post by sunnyhoney666 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:45 am

Hi
thanks again. REAPPLYING is only showing for them whom disqualified due to drunk driving or any medical conditions, please advise if I need to take both theory and practical tests again or just grab a form from the post office and send dvla to renew my revoked licence? can I show post office my all legal status documents and send form through them? please reply. I would be helpful for lots of others like me

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:53 am

Have you tried asking DVLA what you need to do?

I think you will need D1 form, choose the option "because it was revoked", and pay £50 as processing fee.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:20 pm