ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opening Bank Account

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

houman1979
BANNED

Opening Bank Account

Post by houman1979 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 am

Dear All,

I am granted Tier 1 General and plan to travel to UK around April 2010. I have a question about opening bank account in the UK. Is it possible to open a bank account in UK before finding a job? It is possible that I cannot find the job for some months and then not having a bank account will be a big problem.

Best Regards

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 am

You can indeed open a bank account without a job. But for most of the bank accounts you would need a utility bill in your name, as an address proof.

There are some accounts like HSBC passport, which open an account for a new comer for some monthly fee (for 1 year) to save hassles. Check out the internet for the same.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 am

If you have HSBC or ICICI accounts in India than that can help you as well. You will find HSBC everywhere but ICICI is limited to only few places.