ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opening bank account

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

london_prem

Opening bank account

Post by london_prem » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:27 pm

I am coming to London on Tier 1 general.

1) How to open bank account in UK? What about address proof if I am living without any signed contract?

2) Can I open bank account when I arrive in Uk without having job?

3) There are some companies mentioned on workgateways.com which says they will help in opening bank account. Are they worth?

Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Opening bank account

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm

london_prem wrote:I am coming to London on Tier 1 general.

1) How to open bank account in UK? What about address proof if I am living without any signed contract? you can open a bank account with your indian address in HSBC Passport. You can even open online. http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/passport

2) Can I open bank account when I arrive in Uk without having job? Yes

3) There are some companies mentioned on workgateways.com which says they will help in opening bank account. Are they worth? Dont Know

Thanks
Wow so many questions in so many threads? You must be really excited of coming to UK. Just relax and you will be fine. All the best!!!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:15 am

Please post non-immigration related queries in the relevant forum.

regards

Tim555

Re: Opening bank account

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

london_prem wrote:I am coming to London on Tier 1 general.

1) How to open bank account in UK? What about address proof if I am living without any signed contract?

2) Can I open bank account when I arrive in Uk without having job?

3) There are some companies mentioned on workgateways.com which says they will help in opening bank account. Are they worth?

Thanks
Win a euro million. Banks will request you to open account with us.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 am

To open a regular bank account in the UK (unlike the HSBC passport thing), you will need to provide address proof (e.g.- tenancy agreement) and a copy of passport & visa pages.

Sort out a place to live, then it's not a big deal.

regards