ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P.C.P Visa

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

patman1

P.C.P Visa

Post by patman1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi
partner is applying for a P.C.P visa, applying from puerto rico which is part of the U.S.A, he was born in new york and has an american passport, but becuase his first laungage is spanish he can speak english very good, as his parents are from Puerto rico there first laungage is spanish, does having an american passport and being born in new york, exclude him from the english laungage test? any help please

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 am

English language requirement wrote:You will meet the requirement if you can show that you:

are a national of a majority English-speaking country; or
Where the an "English-speaking country" includes USA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

patman1

Post by patman1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:58 am

Thank you so much for letting me know, i did see this but as his first laungage his spanish, i just didnt know if they hd some clause in the rules.
Great to double check. Thanks :D