ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Secure postage to another country from UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bright_star

Secure postage to another country from UK

Post by bright_star » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi all,

I am making an application from outside the UK. The guide says, if I want my documents to be returned in a safer way, I should send, with my application, the royal mail special delivery envelope. However, I live in Brazil, so I am not sure if the royal mail special delivery is also guaranted (its safety) after entering Brazilian territory or if the special delivery safety is only to UK territory.

So, I was wondering if some applicant, also living abroad, could help me with the safest way to have the documents back...

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Secure postage to another country from UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Royal Mail special delivery is for UK mail as far as I am aware and as you are in Brazil, you wouldn't be able to get one of these envelopes anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Special Delivery is only for UK.
For international destination, use International Tracked & Signed.

Have family / friends in UK? Ask them to post you one (royal mail envelope for International Tracked and Signed service, pre-paid for both approx. weight and destination) and then you can include it in your application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:53 pm

This is not an immigration query. Please don't move it to a "immigration" forum.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:59 pm

sushdmehta wrote:This is not an immigration query. Please don't move it to a "immigration" forum.
Neither does it refer to someone who is 'Settling In'...which is why I moved it to something more 'General'. I perhaps wrongly, assumed that a UKF application was applicable to immigration. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:06 pm

I moved it from Settling in to BC forum as this person is already posting in the UKF discussion topic. Given that UKF is made from anywhere in the world, it is still a BC application, but suppose a 'special delivery' question is not :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the "query" - which is to do with "postage", not immigration.
:)

That said, do feel free to move it wherever you deem appropriate.