ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shipping to UK - import duty

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

candiceli423
Newly Registered
China

Shipping to UK - import duty

Post by candiceli423 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:40 am

Hello

Has anyone have experience of shipping personal belongings from non-EU countries to UK?

DHL told me I will he subject to import tax but might get exempted if I fill out the LC form to apply for transfer of residence (ToR). I am still waiting for Tier 2 visa and it seems a visa is required to apply for ToR

Any experiences?

Thank you!

kennedy83
Newly Registered

Re: Shipping to UK - import duty

Post by kennedy83 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:51 am

Hi,

I have experience shipping/importing products into the UK for business purposes. I might be wrong but I would think there should be an exemption when importing personal belongings. I suggest you contact a Freight Forwarder in the UK and ask them what the likely cost would be (Assuming you are importing quite a lot of items). Ask as if you want them to import the items for you and they will give you a break down of the costs involved.

Thanks,

Ken

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Shipping to UK - import duty

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:29 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.