ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to UK this week end --- few queries

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PRadeep Itnal

Traveling to UK this week end --- few queries

Post by PRadeep Itnal » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:02 am

Hi Guys
I am traveling to UK, this week end.
1. I got to know from my friend that, its good to get a chest X-Ray. IS it really mandatory.?
2. If there are any other docs required pls let me know.

3. Do i have to bring all the docs that i have produced for visa(tier1).

please share ur experience.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Traveling to UK this week end --- few queries

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 am

PRadeep Itnal wrote:Hi Guys
1. I got to know from my friend that, its good to get a chest X-Ray. IS it really mandatory.? Not mandatory but might save some time at the immigration

3. Do i have to bring all the docs that i have produced for visa(tier1). Yes

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:20 am

Ok, my friend flew into Gatwick last month and he carried with him all the docs, chest xray, invitation letter for interview, proof of accomodation etc.

He was infact so paranoid that he carried with him 2800 pounds in cash and TC's, thinking the immigration officer might question him on if he had enough funds to support himself until he got a job, and he was conviced that officer will not be happy if he showed them bank statements and so actually carried them in cash and TC :D

He was not asked to show a single document nor the x-ray, but only question asked was reason for delay in travel.

But point is, it is better to carry them with you, just in case they ask.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Traveling to UK this week end --- few queries

Post by aspirant99 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:44 am

PRadeep Itnal wrote:Hi Guys
1. I got to know from my friend that, its good to get a chest X-Ray. IS it really mandatory.?

3. Do i have to bring all the docs that i have produced for visa(tier1).

carrying xrays would save time at immigration ....rest of the docs are precautionary measures...all the best mate and enjoy your stay even if you are doing job hunting!!...

mechanic
Newly Registered

Post by mechanic » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:25 pm

What is this chest-Xray stuff? The UK gave up on these as a screening tool years ago, They are pretty useless to a layman with no medical history to work with.

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:37 pm

mechanic wrote:What is this chest-Xray stuff? The UK gave up on these as a screening tool years ago, They are pretty useless to a layman with no medical history to work with.
For checking TB, don't worry about carrying, they'll just do a quick one at the airport itself and it only takes ten mins, and then benefit of getting it done there is no extra cost to you before leaving plus result is uploaded to ur file electronically straightaway.