ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Stamped, Queries about next step !!

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

evan
Newly Registered

Visa Stamped, Queries about next step !!

Post by evan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I got Tier 1 General from April 2009 up to April 2012.
I can not relocate permanently to UK before mid of June 2009. But a lot of topics here speak about 5 years stay to be eligible for ILR and that the count of 5 years starts from fist landing to the UK.

1) Do you think it is a good idea to go now for a short visit of 3-4 days for that purpose?? Or it will be unnecessary cost now for something that might happen after 5 years (and rules change very often anyway) ??

2) It is mentioned in the visa stamp that I must check with police within 7 days of arrival. How to make this checking ?? at the airport or should I visit any police office there?? and do I need to wait for any feedback from the police??? as I’ll be there for 3 days only.

3) Also, to open a bank account, any documents needed other than my passport and some cash to start with??? is it allowed to open an account without really settling down in UK and no job yet??? Any specific bank recommended ???

4) Any web site where I can find enough information on rules governing people with Tier 1 General,, such as school fees , medical care, any other benefits or restrictions. !!!

Kind Regards

Evan

UK_BR5

Re: Visa Stamped, Queries about next step !!

Post by UK_BR5 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:18 pm

evan wrote:Hi Guys,

I can not relocate permanently to UK before mid of June 2009. But a lot of topics here speak about 5 years stay to be eligible for ILR and that the count of 5 years starts from fist landing to the UK.

1) Do you think it is a good idea to go now for a short visit of 3-4 days for that purpose?? Or it will be unnecessary cost now for something that might happen after 5 years (and rules change very often anyway) ??

2) It is mentioned in the visa stamp that I must check with police within 7 days of arrival. How to make this checking ?? at the airport or should I visit any police office there?? and do I need to wait for any feedback from the police??? as I’ll be there for 3 days only.

3) Also, to open a bank account, any documents needed other than my passport and some cash to start with??? is it allowed to open an account without really settling down in UK and no job yet??? Any specific bank recommended ???

4) Any web site where I can find enough information on rules governing people with Tier 1 General,, such as school fees , medical care, any other benefits or restrictions. !!!

Kind Regards

Evan
1) Yes, it is a good idea to enter within the first 28 days of your visa issuance in order to correctly plan your ILR even if you will not settle in the UK right away (provided that rules will not change and that you will take care not to be absent for more than 180 days in the 5 years)

2) Police registration is not in the airport, it is in the police station and it depends on where you are going to land in the UK, please read here for more details, http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... chapter10/

all you need is an address in the UK (a hotel address in your case+your passport and the relevant fee) however, you need to update them once you change address or immigration status or you will face a penalty.

3) to open a bank account , you need a UK address plus what you mentioned above and you need a proof of this address, but i think you can open a basic bank account in HSBC with minimal requirements, please check their passport account : http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/curr ... :12c58t9vd

4) you should always keep an eye on 2 places : UKBA website and this forum, it will give a lot of information and will update you when any change in rules occurs. for your first step in everything (motoring,health,accomodation,etc..) please check
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm

evan
Newly Registered

It is a big step

Post by evan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:27 am

Thanks UK_BR5, I will check these websites for more info.

Actually, it is a big step to relocate to another country. And when it comes to reality it needs very strong heart to take such a decision. Cutting all links to my current life, work, ,, etc. and go to the unknown future.
I made a similar move few years ago, when I moved from home country to UAE. But this time going to UK looks much more difficult.
Wish us luck friends,, we do need it.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:26 pm

With my all apologies to UK_BR5, I think it would be better if some senior member replies this post OR now at least they should comment if they agree wit hUK_BR5. I apologise again.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:27 pm

mvent00 wrote:With my all apologies to UK_BR5, I think it would be better if some senior member replies this post OR now at least they should comment if they agree wit hUK_BR5. I apologise again.
Boss this is a open post ....anybody can reply ..It is not a private forum ...public ......

if u dont want to see somebodies reply ..Just dont see ....dont tell him not to reply ..

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:48 pm

mvent00 wrote:With my all apologies to UK_BR5, I think it would be better if some senior member replies this post OR now at least they should comment if they agree wit hUK_BR5. I apologise again.
If you have something to say about what has posted (whether you agree or disagree) then please do so, what you should not do however is to tell other members 'junior' or otherwise not to reply to any posts. For all you care the poster could be an immigration lawyer or someone who has spent a lot of time researching issues or someone who has gone through the similar process and is writing from experience

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Hello, I apologised twice in my message. The reason I said that was because I was also looking for the same answers in the forum for last few days and as we know "OLD IS GOLD". That is why instead of posting a new message on the same subject I requested Seniors to answer this post to let me know their point of view and I think I did not do anything wrong. I know it is an open forum and that is why I have the right to seek more clarification and satisfaction I need, and it is according to the policy of the forum. Isn't it? Please do not take this issue further away, and just let me know if you agree with UK_BR5 or not? Thank you.
Last edited by mvent00 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Just because someone is "senior" in this forum doesn't mean anything but that person post a whole lot. The number of posts is not really an indication how knowledgeable you are.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 am

mvent00 wrote:Hello, I apologised twice in my message. The reason I said that was because I was also looking for the same answers in the forum for last few days and as we know "OLD IS GOLD". That is why instead of posting a new message on the same subject I requested Seniors to answer this post to let me know their point of view and I think I did not do anything wrong. I know it is an open forum and that is why I have the right to seek more clarification and satisfaction I need, and it is according to the policy of the forum. Isn't it? Please do not take this issue further away, and just let me know if you agree with UK_BR5 or not? Thank you.
why dont u select a list of seniors and PM them
By the by the Questions above are below average stupid questions(opening bank account , website,airport how to catch plane ) which dont require much experience to answer..

Please dont eat seniors head with such questions, they will be needed to answer very delicate and serious questions ...dont waste their time

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:12 am

maheshnair wrote
By the by the Questions above are below average stupid questions(opening bank account , website,airport how to catch plane ) which dont require much experience to answer..

Please dont eat seniors head with such questions, they will be needed to answer very delicate and serious questions ...dont waste their time
Thank you for your post. These questions may sound stupid to you, but stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes. You might be already in UK and having no problem, but I need to prepare for everything which I could face so even small piece of information has a high value for me. Why do not you answer me yes or no about them?

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:09 am

Please dont eat seniors head with such questions, they will be needed to answer very delicate and serious questions ...dont waste their time[/quote]

Guys dont take pay any heed to this motherfucker maheshnair..
This son of a whore is good for nothing, bastard is totally insane....
I told him to check some place where my name 'coolsats' has been tatooted ahahahhah :lol: . Did you check that mahesh, u son of a whore.
Motherfucker listen, if i see your post anywhere in the forum again, am gona gang bang ur mom knee cap....take this notice on a serious note....

Guys no offence to anybody, this is between me and this motherfucker maheshnair.
The guy deserves it, trust me....

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 am

I told him to check some place where my name 'coolsats' has been tatooted ahahahhah :lol: . Did you check that mahesh, u son of a whore.
Motherfucker listen, if i see your post anywhere in the forum again, am gona gang bang ur mom knee cap....take this notice on a serious note....

Guys no offence to anybody, this is between me and this motherfucker maheshnair.
The guy deserves it, trust me....[/quote]

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:17 am

coolsats wrote:

The guy deserves it, trust me....
[/quote]

coolstat , please forgive me please ...:cry:
:cry:
please dont f my mom

administrator , can u please tell coolstat not to f my mom

why i a telling this is he is my brother who came of out of the same hole i came out from....sombody please stop :cry:

i will put you pepperment man

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:25 am

coolstat , please forgive me please ...

please dont f my mom

If you are begging me so much, i feel that i should be lenient now son of a whore.
Trust me i wont f your mom now, as you wanted me to.
But lets trade her for your wife, sister, or daughter whoever sucks the best.
You decide on that, cos you must have some good experience on that, you motherfucker....

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 am

mvent00 wrote:maheshnair wrote

Thank you for your post. These questions may sound stupid to you, but stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes. You might be already in UK and having no problem, but I need to prepare for everything which I could face so even small piece of information has a high value for me. Why do not you answer me yes or no about them?

oK boss

The above answers from uk_br5 is perfect .
adding some more points

1) Yes, it is a good idea to enter within the first 28 days of your visa issuance in order to correctly plan your ILR even if you will not settle in the UK right away (provided that rules will not change and that you will take care not to be absent for more than 180 days in the 5 years)

Also note dont be away continuosly for 90 days ...

better come in every 85 days ... and dont add up to 180 days ...

2) Police registration is not in the airport, it is in the police station and it depends on where you are going to land in the UK, please read here for more details, http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... pter10/all you need is an address in the UK (a hotel address in your case+your passport and the relevant fee) however, you need to update them once you change address or immigration status or you will face a penalty.

3) to open a bank account , you need a UK address plus what you mentioned above and you need a proof of this address, but i think you can open a basic bank account in HSBC with minimal requirements, please check their passport account : http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/curr ... :12c58t9vd

some banks like citibank / icic uk ...you can open account from india itself ...i had a citibank uk account opened in india itself ...

4) you should always keep an eye on 2 places : UKBA website and this forum, it will give a lot of information and will update you when any change in rules occurs. for your first step in everything (motoring,health,accomodation,etc..) please check
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.ht

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:21 am

coolsats wrote:
coolstat , please forgive me please ...

please dont f my mom

If you are begging me so much, i feel that i should be lenient now son of a whore.
Trust me i wont f your mom now, as you wanted me to.
But lets trade her for your wife, sister, or daughter whoever sucks the best.
You decide on that, cos you must have some good experience on that, you motherfucker....
Ok i will bring mom to ur house .
If you are brave fucker can you paste ur exact adress here please ...

exact adress , dont give ur moms boyfrinds .....

cooolz

Re: Visa Stamped, Queries about next step !!

Post by cooolz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:24 pm

UK_BR5 wrote:
evan wrote:Hi Guys,

My Visa Stamp doesnt mention anything like this ? Why is this so ? I applied from Delhi

Kind Regards

Evan

How did this 28 days figure came out ?
Is it from the fact that you can apply for ILR 28 days in advance before your visa expires ?
If that is the case than a person entering after 28 days will have to apply for extension twice ?
What exactly is the requirement for ILR ?
Just 180 days in 5 years with no single period greater than 90 days ?

2) Police registration is not in the airport, it is in the police station and it depends on where you are going to land in the UK, please read here for more details, http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... chapter10/

all you need is an address in the UK (a hotel address in your case+your passport and the relevant fee) however, you need to update them once you change address or immigration status or you will face a penalty.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm