ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

whats next after landing in UK and settling in. What should

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

whats next after landing in UK and settling in. What should

Post by wa51mmm » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:00 pm

I have searched this forum but i think i need to ask this question.

what happens after the person has arrived in UK for settlement.

new people are treated no where as ordinary person, everything seems to work apart and in unwelcoming ways...

does the person must have the National Insurance number even when trying to find one job, its been 3 months so is it important to register as self employed or unemployed under UK tax laws.

shall the new comers need any thing to know?//

the person cannot open any bank accounts? any savings accounts without a letter from the tax office and a proper proof of address.

How to kick start life in the UK?
is there any place for new comeoers that the people can sit and have chat to what extent do they need to move hands and feet.

how to get the basic skills needed or keep up with the education without hefty costs of ever rising fees and maintenance costs.

no schools interested for settlement visa new comeoers english level certfication enrolments !!!
basically been declined from all sorts of freedom activities, cannot open a bank account, dont know when to apply for National Insurance number or even register for unemployment for tax puposes.??/

Can anyone with previous experience share some words with us. many thank yous.