ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which UK Bank for T1 extension documents, etc

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muhandis.ak

which UK Bank for T1 extension documents, etc

Post by muhandis.ak » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 am

Hi,

I'm in the UK on a T1 visa & in a job (after 2 months of incessant applications & a few interviews). Now I need to open a current account which is the one I intend to use as my primary account (salary credit & fund maintenance) during visa extension time.

Having had a insanely hard time during the initial application in India due to my account being with UBI (long story, they didn't have any letter-head, no statements on paper with the bank logo, refusal to give proper documents, etc etc) I'm dreading making a mistake in the UK with the bank I use.

Just needed some experienced-advice on which UK bank would be a decent bet (documentation-wise) and would not give me grief if I need to get additional statements, statements stamped or a letter confirming balance, etc. during visa extension.

Thanks,

RK

maximux79

Re: which UK Bank for T1 extension documents, etc

Post by maximux79 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:28 pm

I've been in UK for the last 4 1/2 years and had applied for HSMP, T1 and other dependent visas using HSBC, no issues so far. Any big high street UK banks should be fine. Lylod TSBs do provide letters on letter-head, which HSBCs sometimes make it little bit difficult...

Cheers
muhandis.ak wrote:Hi,

I'm in the UK on a T1 visa & in a job (after 2 months of incessant applications & a few interviews). Now I need to open a current account which is the one I intend to use as my primary account (salary credit & fund maintenance) during visa extension time.

Having had a insanely hard time during the initial application in India due to my account being with UBI (long story, they didn't have any letter-head, no statements on paper with the bank logo, refusal to give proper documents, etc etc) I'm dreading making a mistake in the UK with the bank I use.

Just needed some experienced-advice on which UK bank would be a decent bet (documentation-wise) and would not give me grief if I need to get additional statements, statements stamped or a letter confirming balance, etc. during visa extension.

Thanks,

RK

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Any high street bank should be fine as the previous post suggests.
HSBC has been my banker for years now and they have been good. Even others like Natwest and Lloyds are more than happy to get a customer who is employed and uses it as their current account.

Open an account with any bank but key aspect is to use them for everything. This way, you build a great credit file with them and, in case of emergencies, if a loan is required, they will give you decent interest rates as well :-)

KP