ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Albania Officials have kept my baby's birth certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlbanianKosovan
Newly Registered
Albania

Albania Officials have kept my baby's birth certificate

Post by AlbanianKosovan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Hello,

My brother in law went to the Albanian official office in Tirana today to register the birth of my newborn (who is a British citizen through her mother).

I was told they needed the original birth certificate and that it had to be stamped which we did and sent it to my family in Albania.

He has just informed me that they keep her original birth certificate for their files and my wife is very upset about this and wants it back.

My brother in law requested this and they have said there is nothing they can do.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Albania Officials have kept my baby's birth certificate

Post by manci » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:52 pm

You can order a copy of the birth certificate from the General Register Office (GRO) or the local authority where the birth was registered

AlbanianKosovan
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by AlbanianKosovan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:10 pm

manci wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:52 pm
You can order a copy of the birth certificate from the General Register Office (GRO) or the local authority where the birth was registered
This wont be the original that my wifes signed which is the issue. We weren't aware that they would keep it indefinitely and she wants the original back.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:12 pm

All birth certificates issued are certified to be a true copy of an original entry in the register of births.

The original entry must remain in the register book in the local office where the birth was registered.

Therefore, only certified copies can ever be issued.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice