Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying OCI for Minor Only

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba88, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator, sbrennan

Post Reply
manyaonisland
Member of Standing
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Immigrationboards.com

Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Hello

My daughter born here and holds British Passport. Other family members having British passport and OCI.
I now want to apply for OCI for my daughter only.
when i try to go online to to book the appointment on VFS side it does not allow me to enter Adult as 0
and when i enter adult as 1 and Child 1 (family application) on the next page it asks me series of mandatory fields for parent applicant. This would not be the case for me as only want to apply for Child's OCI. has anyone gone though this situation and what we need to do in this case?

Thanks in advance for guidance in this matter.

Regards,
Manya..
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Immigrationboards.com

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by manyaonisland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 am

Hi
Anyone with any experience on this?
please help as i have tried to reach out to VFS but without any luck.

Many thanks in advance

Manya..
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

chetan
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by chetan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 am

Hello,

It looks like there is no option for booking for Minor only, May be in this kind of scenario an appointment for Adult and Child is required and in the adult section enter your details.

Note on the scheduling page:
* For applicants applying for Passport or Consular Services, please enter your passport/identity document number in the field ‘OCI Registration Number’.

me786
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by me786 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:49 pm

I registered the details of my child as the main applicant to overcome this problem. Given that there is DOB detail along with the applicant details, they know that the applicant is a minor.

doc_kish
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by doc_kish » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:52 pm

me786 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:49 pm
I registered the details of my child as the main applicant to overcome this problem. Given that there is DOB detail along with the applicant details, they know that the applicant is a minor.
Hi
Did you end up getting an appointment for your child? did booking for your child as primary applicant pose any problems when you went for in-person/face to face appointment - did they let an adult accompany the child or did they refuse entry altogether - please do post your experience.

me786
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by me786 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:31 pm

I had no issues in booking or attending the appointment. Upon entry, the reception desk ensures that you have the appointment letter and application form for the said appointment. I dont think you will face any problems by registering details this way on the VFS website.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Immigrationboards.com

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 pm

me786 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:49 pm
I registered the details of my child as the main applicant to overcome this problem. Given that there is DOB detail along with the applicant details, they know that the applicant is a minor.
did you upload your signature / Signed on behalf of minor?
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

me786
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by me786 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:07 pm

You as parent only sign Part B of the application form. The photograph & thumb impression of the actual child applicant needs to be uploaded and imprinted on the application form.

Additionally, you will also need to sign the self declaration form on behalf of the child.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Immigrationboards.com

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by manyaonisland » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:19 am

me786 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:07 pm
You as parent only sign Part B of the application form. The photograph & thumb impression of the actual child applicant needs to be uploaded and imprinted on the application form.

Additionally, you will also need to sign the self declaration form on behalf of the child.
Thanks a lot for guidance so far!
so this is what I understood as documents required
• Part B - Duly completed with Thumb impression of the minor
• 2 photographs
• Original and Copy of Minor's British Passport
• Original and copy of minor's Full birth certificate
• copy of marriage certificate - Self attested by both parents
• self attested copy of both parents British passport
• Self Attested copy of Parents OCI card
• 2 Prepaid special delivery royal mail envelops

Do we
• need to provide Original OCI cards of parents?
• need to provide Original Marriage certificate?


You mentioned that "you will also need to sign the self declaration form on behalf of the child."
- is this form part of 'part B' to complete?
Also have i missed anything?
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

me786
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by me786 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm

manyaonisland wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:19 am
me786 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:07 pm
You as parent only sign Part B of the application form. The photograph & thumb impression of the actual child applicant needs to be uploaded and imprinted on the application form.

Additionally, you will also need to sign the self declaration form on behalf of the child.
Thanks a lot for guidance so far!
so this is what I understood as documents required
• Part B - Duly completed with Thumb impression of the minor
• 2 photographs
• Original and Copy of Minor's British Passport
• Original and copy of minor's Full birth certificate
• copy of marriage certificate - Self attested by both parents
• self attested copy of both parents British passport
• Self Attested copy of Parents OCI card
• 2 Prepaid special delivery royal mail envelops

Do we
• need to provide Original OCI cards of parents?
• need to provide Original Marriage certificate?


You mentioned that "you will also need to sign the self declaration form on behalf of the child."
- is this form part of 'part B' to complete?
Also have i missed anything?
Self declaration is a separate form that you download, print and sign along with application form. Original OCI and marriage certificate will be required as well.

Thats all I can think of however you will be better off reading the VFS OCI section once and verifying that all is in order.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Immigrationboards.com

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by manyaonisland » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:35 pm

thanks and will do..


Also do you know what is the charge to get the special delivery service our there? is it better to carry the envelopes ourselves?
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

me786
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by me786 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 am

Not sure of the charges that you have to pay at VFS centre however I am pretty sure that you will be better off carrying prepaid Royal mail envelopes (2 nos).

manyaonisland
Member of Standing
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Immigrationboards.com

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 pm

me786 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 am
Not sure of the charges that you have to pay at VFS centre however I am pretty sure that you will be better off carrying prepaid Royal mail envelopes (2 nos).
Hello I have bought two special envelops thanks!

Also
I would not think that passport and birth certificate copy of my daughter would need self attestation But can you please confirm what you did. did you attest it on behalf of her. This i can do whlist there but there would be challenge it they ask both parents to sign as my wife would not be there

I have now downloaded the declaration - which is actually VFS related and nothing to do with OCI
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/pdf/D ... 240815.pdf
but can you please confirm that i can filled that in and i do not need my daughter's thumb impression on this.

Will they give me the originals and british passport on the date of appointment or they would send these later using special delivery envelops? I have appointment on 15th So i will update you how it goes.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

me786
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by me786 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm

manyaonisland wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 pm
me786 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 am
Not sure of the charges that you have to pay at VFS centre however I am pretty sure that you will be better off carrying prepaid Royal mail envelopes (2 nos).
Hello I have bought two special envelops thanks!

Also
I would not think that passport and birth certificate copy of my daughter would need self attestation But can you please confirm what you did. did you attest it on behalf of her. This i can do whlist there but there would be challenge it they ask both parents to sign as my wife would not be there

Both parents need to attest child's document photocopies. And attest your own respective document photocopies.

I have now downloaded the declaration - which is actually VFS related and nothing to do with OCI
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/pdf/D ... 240815.pdf
but can you please confirm that i can filled that in and i do not need my daughter's thumb impression on this.

You can fill this declaration on behalf of the child.

Will they give me the originals and british passport on the date of appointment or they would send these later using special delivery envelops? I have appointment on 15th So i will update you how it goes.
You will get all of the passports back right away. Birth certificate and marriage certificate originals are retained and these come back in a weeks time.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Immigrationboards.com

Re: Applying OCI for Minor Only

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:13 pm

So I have applied for OCI today.

it was quite smooth and there was no problem apart from i was delayed for 30 mins for no obvious reason. It was not even busy so do not know why.. i asked the gentleman on the counter and he would not give me satisfactory explanation of that.

Secondly, he did not even bother checking more than half of my documents like Marriage certificate and OCI.. he was only keen on minor's birth certificate and Passport. Also i do not understand why they ask for 2 photocopies of documents. he did not even mention that he needs second copy.

One thing he asked me was the paper from which I took thumb impression of minor as uploaded while completing application form. I obviously did not have that paper but i pointed out that as per instructions minor also have thumb impression on part B. to which he said some people leave it blank and hence we asked for the paper they have taken photo from ... bit strange but he was ok with the Thumb impression on part B.

Also, thought SMS service is optional and selective it seems he charged me for that without my consent. something that i would have preferred to be asked so that i could have said No than just implicitly assuming Yes


So that said.. now i am in waiting game..

while collection.. what do i need?
Application acknowledgement
printout of the online status.
passport

anything else?

also what time i need to go in? the gentleman on the counter said no appointment required, just turn up before 2 PM. the security guy said come AFTER 3 PM and online VFS site says between 0830 and 11 AM. I am totally confused.
Anyone has their experience that they are willing to share??
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

Post Reply