ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I attend existing OCI appointment with a new application number?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newrat

Can I attend existing OCI appointment with a new application number?

Post by newrat » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:34 pm

I made an OCI appointment at VFS Hounslow a while ago for sometime next week. On the appointment form you have to include the File No (along with some other details).

Since then I needed to make some changes to the application form so I completed a fresh application. This means I now have a new File No.

Question: Can I attend the same appointment at VFS even though the File no on the appointment letter won't match the application I will be submitting?

It's not my first OCI application - from memory the guy at the door just checks your appointment letter, gives you a number and then the person at the desk takes all your documents. i'm not sure there is any link between the appointment letter and the actual submission other than getting through the door. Is that correct?

Slyzarr
Newly Registered

Re: Can I attend existing OCI appointment with a new application number?

Post by Slyzarr » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:42 am

Hello,

Did you manage to use your new form while attending your original appointment? I have the same query for a visa application and wondered what your experience was?

Thanks!

Kpatel51
Newly Registered

Post by Kpatel51 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:10 am

I’m in the same situation. Can I attach my appointment letter onto my new form? I have 4 incorrect application forms :cry:

newrat

Post by newrat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:34 pm

Sorry for the late replies to this, but replying anyway to help future applicants.

The answer is yes! You can attend an OCI appointment with a different application. Firstly you can't book a new appointment if you have an existing appointment as it only allows one appointment per passport number. So you would have to cancel the previous booking which you can only do by emailing HCI, and waiting for a response - we all know how inefficient that could be.

But that's not necessary. When you go to VFS they just check your appointment letter for date and time and application type. They don't cross check this with the application number. You are then given a number and are in the queue. Once you get to the desk you submit your application and evidence. This is never connected to your appointment time so it doesn't matter. Each application has its own barcode and this is what they go off, not the appointment letter.

Hope that helps!