ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I trave to India while applied for Cancellation of Indian Passport and to get surrender certificate?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anamik

Can I trave to India while applied for Cancellation of Indian Passport and to get surrender certificate?

Post by Anamik » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi, I have got British Citizenship (Naturalisation on 22nd Jul) and British passport. Now I have applied on 22nd Oct for Cancellation of Indian Passport and to get Surrender Certificate and so its in process. But my mother is not well and in Hospital. Can I travel to India while applied for Cancellation of Indian passport/ to get Surrender Certificate and which Visa I need to apply and how quick it is? Any quick responses are appreciated.
Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Can I trave to India while applied for Cancellation of Indian Passport and to get surrender certificate?

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:18 pm

You can read this. There are some points there:

other-countries/travelling-to-india-aft ... 53607.html

secret.simon

Re: Can I trave to India while applied for Cancellation of Indian Passport and to get surrender certificate?

Post by secret.simon » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:41 pm

You can apply for an X-Visa, which typically takes (or used to, anyway) one working week and is valid for multiple entries in five years (though I am not sure how long each individual visit can be). An e-visa is also an alternative.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.