Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Child travelling with family friends

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:30 pm

Child travelling with family friends

Post by sachin_4646 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:33 am

Hello all,

My daughter needs to travel to India and back. She is British national.

While leaving from london, she will be accompanied by her grandfather (Indian citizen). While returning back from Mumbai to london, she will be accompanied by a family friend (Indian Citizen).

I need advise regarding whether the grandmother and/or the family friend need to carry any letters/documents, so that the child can travel with them.

Thank you for reading this and the replies.

Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 20, 2011 10:03 am

To avoid any problems, it will be in your own interest that the adult(s) carry a letter to state that the parent(s) / legal guardian(s) allow the child to travel with the named adult(s) (include passport number of the named adults).

Also mention contact details of the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) in the letter to ensure that anyone who needs to get in touch can do so, should the need arise.

Alternatively, use this format.
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu May 26, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!