ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do i need to attest british passport scan before i uploda for OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

do i need to attest british passport scan before i uploda for OCI

Post by samkumar2018 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:19 am

Hi all
I am applying OCI for my 10 months old daughter.. while uploading documents in the OCI application link is says, if the current passport is a foreign national, it has to be attested ..
is it ture that i need to get the signature of solicitor/doctor etc to get attested before i upload the british passport?

Many thanks for your replies
Sam

takdeerwala
India

Re: do i need to attest british passport scan before i uploda for OCI

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 am

samkumar2018 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:19 am
Hi all
I am applying OCI for my 10 months old daughter.. while uploading documents in the OCI application link is says, if the current passport is a foreign national, it has to be attested ..
is it ture that i need to get the signature of solicitor/doctor etc to get attested before i upload the british passport?

Sam
I dont think so. I can tell from OCI application experience of an adult applicant. Just normal scan of British Passport should be uploaded. There are many posts and threads describing in detail how you can upload keeping in mind the tiny limit the website gives.
As far as I know, attest means Self Attested on those xerox copies of documents which you submit to VFS office. Not on any scanned file.

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Re: do i need to attest british passport scan before i uploda for OCI

Post by samkumar2018 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:08 pm