ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Existing OCI with Old passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kishorek

Existing OCI with Old passport

Post by kishorek » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:05 am

Hi all,

My son is having the old OCI but his passport is now renewed. I can see the Indian Visa guidelines that we can travel to India with the existing OCI issued to the old passport until 31/12/2021.

I need an advice on how this visa valid if we are travelling in December 2020 and back in Jan 2022. Will this create an issue while we are boarding from uk and while return from India. Please can you provide some advise.

Not able to get the visa slots for paper visa as well. your earliest advice is appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards
Kishore

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Re: Existing OCI with Old passport

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:16 am

Hi

I understand that your son already has OCI and a renewed British Passport. Although the OCI is linked to Old Passport, you can travel with existing OCI and new passport. Do carry the old passport just to be on a safer side. I don't understand why you are so tense about it.
Please read below the advisory from the HCI London... having to renew OCI every time passport is renewed is no longer valid. You may have to upload new passport copy and photos as per specification in the https://ociservices.gov.in/miscService

Please refer to this notification of HCI London to help you relax and enjoy your trip to India :)

https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16188 ... 172708.pdf

Thanks

kishorek

Re: Existing OCI with Old passport

Post by kishorek » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:44 am

Thank you so much for your earliest response. I read this document earlier but I think I misunderstood.

Will upload the documents.

Many thanks