ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending an Entry (X) visa from within India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

Extending an Entry (X) visa from within India

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:14 pm

Hi All,

This is a question on behalf of somebody else to which I do not have the answer (and I could not find a clear-cut answer online).

The person in question has got a single year multiple entry Entry (X) visa for India. They tried to get a five year visa, but were advised that the High Commission in London is currently only issuing a maximum of a one year visa.

Would it be possible to extend the X visa from within India, from one to five years? And if so, what or who would be the appropriate authority to apply to?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Extending an Entry (X) visa from within India

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:22 am

https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp

Usually one needs to get in touch with FRRO office falling under the geographical jurisdiction but as of now its online.

Also entry visa is usually max for 1 year. There must be compelling reasons for extension.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

secret.simon

Re: Extending an Entry (X) visa from within India

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:46 pm

To follow up on this thread, I have been advised that the person did have an Entry X-visa for India, from 2015 to 2020. So such visas have been granted for five year periods in the past. Does that improve or otherwise impact their chances of extending the current 1-year X-visa?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.