ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married in Brazil - Permission to marry

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

andrearchitect
Newly Registered
Brazil

Getting married in Brazil - Permission to marry

Post by andrearchitect » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:21 pm

My boyfriend and I are planning to get married in Brazil. He is Brazilian, I am German. This is to then apply for a Family Permit to bring him to the UK. I am aware that once we have given all of our paperwork to the Cartorio there will be a 30 day wait before we can get married. I have a full time job in the UK which i do not want to loose. My question is - Can i fly to Brazil, get my paperwork submitted and fly back to the UK to wait for the approval and once the approval is received fly back to Brazil for the date of the ceremony? I am just not sure i have to stay in Brazil while waiting for the approval? Anyone being or have been in a similar situation your feedback would be much appreciated.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Getting married in Brazil - Permission to marry

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Be careful as many countries have restrictions about non-resident foreigners marrying. Sometimes it is complemented by some compulsory presence time in the country. So if you travel one weekend to place the notice then come back later just to marry, it might be an issue.

The only realistic option is for your future husband there to ask the local authorities about it.