ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India Travel - British Passport valid 5 months- OCI Valid-return in 2 weeks

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raysng
Newly Registered

India Travel - British Passport valid 5 months- OCI Valid-return in 2 weeks

Post by raysng » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:14 pm

Hi everyone, I need some advice.
I am travelling to India with my 14 year old son on Saturday. We both have British passports with 5 months validity, we both have OCI which is valid and retuning in 2 weeks time

Will this be a problem with Airline or Immigration, please help if anyone has faced similar situation.

Regards
Ray

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: India Travel - British Passport valid 5 months- OCI Valid-return in 2 weeks

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:25 am

raysng wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:14 pm
Hi everyone, I need some advice.
I am travelling to India with my 14 year old son on Saturday. We both have British passports with 5 months validity, we both have OCI which is valid and retuning in 2 weeks time

Will this be a problem with Airline or Immigration, please help if anyone has faced similar situation.

Regards
Ray
No issues at all ... I have previously travelled with my daughter while her British passport expiry was 5 months away on a Indian entry visa and length of stay was over 2 months ...
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

iramMushtaq1
Newly Registered

Re: India Travel - British Passport valid 3 months- OCI Valid-

Post by iramMushtaq1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:30 pm

Dear moderators/members
My two kids are planning to travel with me around mid-July to India. They are both British citizens and hold valid British passports expiring on Aug 30th 2022. Pertinently both are OCI holders issued in Nov 2018. My query is regarding their eligibility to travel with 3 months left on their British Passports.

Is this going to be an issue with airlines, Indian immigration or on entry back to UK?

I would be highly grateful to you if you could clarify if they can travel with the validity mentioned above on their British passports. Any help/ suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards,
IramMushtaq

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:29 pm

iramMushtaq1 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:30 pm
Dear moderators/members
My two kids are planning to travel with me around mid-July to India. They are both British citizens and hold valid British passports expiring on Aug 30th 2022. Pertinently both are OCI holders issued in Nov 2018. My query is regarding their eligibility to travel with 3 months left on their British Passports.

Is this going to be an issue with airlines, Indian immigration or on entry back to UK?

I would be highly grateful to you if you could clarify if they can travel with the validity mentioned above on their British passports. Any help/ suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards,
IramMushtaq
You would have no issues with your travel ... for reasons below.

OCI is valid for more than three months on your kids passportsm, hence no issues entering India.

On your return you would be travelling to your home country (UK) hence again three month rule should not affect your travel as long as you are travelling back before the passport expires even if it does you may contact british counslate in India who would be able to sort this out for you.

I travelled with my daughter, her passport was about to expire within three month from return date and there were no issues.

On the contrary if you apply for renewal now, you would have new passports before your travel easily. British Passport Renewal applications dont take too long.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

iramMushtaq1
Newly Registered

Post by iramMushtaq1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:33 pm

Thank you very much indeed for a prompt reply.
In your experience did you face any issues on entry with Indian immigration at your entry port.Likewise, did airlines raise any issues? Do I need any paperwork to support this?

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:49 pm

iramMushtaq1 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:33 pm
Thank you very much indeed for a prompt reply.
In your experience did you face any issues on entry with Indian immigration at your entry port.NoLikewise, did airlines raise any issues? NoDo I need any paperwork to support this? I travelled as with Passport, OCI Booklet and Ticket .. nothing out of ordinary. Though you might have to carry Covid related protocol assigned paperwork.

Thanks