ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Birth registration certificate with wrong name in it

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

venkateshchandran
Newly Registered
India

Indian Birth registration certificate with wrong name in it

Post by venkateshchandran » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi,
I am on tier 2 general visa and I wanted to get a passport for my new born baby. For getting passport I understand we need the Indian Birth registration certificate.

I submitted the documents and got the Indian Birth registration certificate with wrong name under the "FATHER NAME" even with the correct name in the submitted documents :evil: :evil: . Can any body tell me whether we need to go again to HCI to get it corrected?

I tried calling them and no response. Please let me know if anybody faced this issue before.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

ILR_2020
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indian Birth registration certificate with wrong name in it

Post by ILR_2020 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:58 pm

I would advise you to visit the Indian Embassy HCL and tell them to correct their mistake, they usually take 15 days to issue the birth certification registration certificate as per the SLA but the date is usually the same as when the applicant submits the documents. Hence, you may want to give it a try pursuing them to correct the mistake the same day or post it/collect it later but in either case they cannot charge you for the mistake on their part, thanks.

venkateshchandran
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indian Birth registration certificate with wrong name in it

Post by venkateshchandran » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:53 am

Thanks for your reply. It's really annoying I waited for 2 weeks to get it and again need go through the process, waste of time and money.