ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Mission different from place of submission of OCI appln

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Indian Mission different from place of submission of OCI appln

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:44 pm

Hi All

One of my friends in his OCI Application has specified the Mission as : Birmingham (as he comes under the CGI Birmingham jurisdiction).
1. He has booked an appointment in London. Is this allowed or the submission has to be with VFS offices in Birmingham jurisdiction? I remember earlier in HCI London website, they had mentioned that mission has to be based on place of stay, but the application can be submitted anywhere. Is this is valid?

2. If not, the other option will be to redo the application and choose mission as London?

Please advice those who have been through this.

Thanks

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Re: Indian Mission different from place of submission of OCI appln

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:17 pm

Based on the information in the HCI website:
https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16372 ... 112021.pdf

For the help of our diaspora, applications for any service can be accepted at any place,
i.e., London, Birmingham and Edinburgh. So wherever you get an appointment, please
go ahead and submit your application as per your convenience and choice, provided
that application is registered and filled up for that particular jurisdiction/center e.g.
GBRL registration is for London and will be accepted only in London, GBRB for
Birmingham and GBRE for Edinburgh.

I presume, it is OK to submit application in any VFS centre regardless of the jurisdiction as long as the mission is chosen correctly in the application.