Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.
Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator
- Newly Registered
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:46 pm
I'm applying the first passport for my baby born in UK. Do I need to submit a police verification form as well? In this case, will be for baby only Or for baby and parents as well? Also, do I need to get form signed by the local police station in the UK before submitting it to VFS?
Thanks for your help.
- Posts: 28458
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links
for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 am
The process has two steps:
1. Get the "Certificate of Entry of a Birth of an Indian Citizen"
a. UK long version of the Birth Certificate of the child
b. Marriage certificate of the parents
c. Parents Indian passports / visa pages / BRP cards
d. UK address proof
e. Online completed : The Citizenship Rules, 2009 APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF BIRTH OF A MINOR CHILD AT AN INDIAN CONSULATE UNDER SECTION 4(1) OF THE CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1955
f. no police verification is required.
b. parent signature & child photo in digital format
Note: You will get Certificate of Entry of a Birth of an Indian Citizen by post
2. Fill in the online passport application
- The above certificate in original
- UK Long version of the Birth Certificate of the child
- Parents Passports / VISA pages / BRP cards
- Marriage certificates
- Address proof
- No police verification is required.
Note: You will get the Passport posted by post within 2 weeks.
The link posted by @vinny should have everything. The above list is just extraction of what i remember from my personal experience.