ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal for Children

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

essem25
Newly Registered

Indian Passport renewal for Children

Post by essem25 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:27 am

Hi,

My kids passports expire in March 2015 and I intend to get it renewed now. I need help in the following areas:

1. I stay in Coventry and the nearest Consulate is in Birmingham. Which conulate is easier for the passport processing: Birmingham or London?
2. My younger child passport was issued when she was just 1. Now she is 6. Do I need to submit affidavit for change of appearance as well?
3.In case I need an affidavit; is this obtainable at the consulate office or do I need to approach someone?
4. Are the kids required to be accompanied while submitting the application?
4. Any other info which can help me.

Your help in this will be appreciated.

Regards
Sameer

samkma
Member of Standing

Re: Indian Passport renewal for Children

Post by samkma » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:10 am

This information is on HCI website :
A new Passport can be issued on expiry, or up to one year before expiry of any Passport, which had an initial validity of 5 years.
Requirements:

Application form completely filled in and signed by the applicant. Child should sign/write his/her name at the relevant place of signature of applicant in the application form. If the child cannot write his/her name, Thumb impression (left for male and right for female) should be put at the relevant place of signature of applicant in the application form.The declaration in the form must be signed by both parents on page 2, which should match with signatures on their Passports.

4 (four) recent Passport size (2 inch x 2 inch) identical photographs showing frontal view of full face. Photographs should be in colour with white/off white background.
If there is significant difference in appearance of the child, an affidavit of Change of appearance has to be submitted by the parents (please see the link ‘Forms’)
The current Passport having valid Visa or Residence Permit is required to be enclosed with photocopies of pages containing detailed passport particulars, Visa page and the page containing observation (s), if any (photocopies should be self-attested by the parents). In case the latest Passport is additional booklet(s) issued to the original Passport, the additional booklet(s) plus the original Passport must be furnished.
Original Passports of both the parents are required to be furnished at the time of submission of application for issue of Passport for a child and self-attested photocopies of Passports/visa of both parents are also required to be submitted along with the application form for the minor child’s Passport.
While applying in person for minor, both parents have to be present themselves at the counter. If one of the parents is unable to come to the High Commission, then an authority/consent letter should be given by the parent not appearing, authorizing the other parent to apply alone. This is addition to the required affidavit and signatures on page 2 of the application form. Applications sent by post must be accompanied by all prescribed documents.
If either of the parents holds a foreign nationality, then a letter from the concerned Embassy or Mission of that country or from the concerned UK authority(in case of British national) stating that the child has not acquired nationality of his / her parent would be required.
For a child with single parent, a Sworn Affidavit attested by a Magistrate stating about custody/reason for being single parent and taking legal responsibility for any dispute in future from other parent is required to be filed. (please see the link ‘Forms’)

Affidavit of Change of appearance - (see at the end of this page) https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html# ... s_children
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

vsk106

Re: Indian Passport renewal for Children

Post by vsk106 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:27 am

This is very useful. Thank you.

It was mentioned that :If either of the parents holds a foreign nationality, then a letter from the concerned Embassy or Mission of that country or from the concerned UK authority(in case of British national) stating that the child has not acquired nationality of his / her parent would be required.

Could you please also guide on how we could get the concerned letter from UK embassy as I hold British Passport.