ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal in London, UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kalven

Indian passport renewal in London, UK

Post by kalven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi

Please could you advise if I can use my current UK address in the Indian passport? Alternatively if my Indian address is different from the previous passport and I do not have bills to support the new address, what would be my option on printing the new Indian address in the passport? Please advise

takdeerwala
India

Re: Indian passport renewal in London, UK

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:22 pm

From VFS FAQ

Can UK address be reflected in Indian passport?

Usually an UK address is not permitted on the Indian passport. However, in exceptional circumstances only when the applicant proves that he/she does not have any permanent address in India and additionally, he/she has Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK, an applicant is permitted to reflect his/her UK address in his/her Indian passport. If necessary, the High Commission & its respective Consulates might ask for an affidavit from the applicant about he/she not having a permanent address in India. For others who would like to reflect their UK address in addition to their permanent address in India, the service is available by way of an endorsement on the Indian passport as an observation.

Can an applicant request for a change or amendment in any of the personal particulars in his/her passport at the time of re-issue of his/her passport?

Yes. Applicant, however, has to clearly mention at appropriate place that he/she is seeking an amendment in one or more personal particulars. It is relevant to mention that normally no amendments are permissible unless trustworthy documentary evidence is provided in support of the claimed change in status. Additionally, the High Commission and its respective Consulates may, in certain cases (such as a change in name) also like to know the purpose for seeking a change. For certain personal particulars, special documents are needed to show that the mandatory procedure has been followed. For details, please visit the relevant links.

Can additions like change of address, addition/deletion of spouse name be done at the time of re-issue?

Yes. This is, however, subject to requirements being met for such services.

I think if you are just applying for Renewal, they will not ask for address proof of new address. Although Form will need both your Indian Address (the one in previous passport) and UK address, they will put your Indian address as permanent address.
If you wish, you can first renew your Indian passport and once you have gathered enough address proof for new address, you can apply for change of particulars.
They will not change your address just like that.
If you want new address, first collect address proof otherwise how will they know ?? It can be a wrong address.
They will not put UK address as permanent address unless you provide affidavit that you dont have address in india which will complicate matters in future.

kalven

Post by kalven » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:31 am

Hi Thanks you for the feedback.

I have my TNEB bill and the Inidan Bank statement with the new address. Would the be useful to provide and also if I provide those, do I need to get that attested from someone?

Meanwhile, if that is complicated, would it e alright to give the older address even though if I do not live there? - Would there be any verification process.?

kalven

Post by kalven » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:03 am

Hi Just following up. I do not have any proof for the new address yet, as we have recently moved. In this case, would it be alright to provide the older/ previous address in the old passport as the address to be printed?