ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
bajajanshul
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:23 pm
India

Indian passport renewal

Post by bajajanshul » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:27 pm

Hi, does any one know when new slots open for passport renewal on high commission of India website. Please help.

field_test12
Junior Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm
India

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by field_test12 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:44 am

Been checking all the time, No slots are coming up...

Not sure What's happening..

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:00 am

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Hi,

I am renewing my Indian passport which is due to expire in 5 months and has my Indian address which is a valid address.

In the passport renewal online form there are 2 addresses to be mentioned -
Address to be printed on passport and Other address.

Now for the Address to be printed on passport - I have put my valid Indian address.
For Other address - I have put my UK address (which I found guidance in these forums for)

Along with the application for renewing my Indian passport VFS also asks for submitting Annexure E.
I want to ask what do we fill in Annexure E which also needs to be submitted as per VFS, I called their helpline but they are saying to ask at counter when submitting, which is not very helpful.

Annexure E is asking the following:

I, …………………………...(name), son/ daughter/ wife of Shri ………………………residing at
...……………………………………………………………………..……………………………..
Date of Birth ……………………… being an applicant for issue of passport, do hereby
solemnly affirm and state the following:
1. That the names of my parents and spouse are as follows:
(i) Father :
(ii) Mother :
(iii) Wife/Husband :
2. That I am a continuous resident at the above mentioned address
from……………………………………………………………………………………………

My question is do we put Indian address or the UK address in Annexure E.

Many thanks in advance for your time taken to review and reply, it is much appreciated.

User avatar
ktyagi
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:29 pm
India

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by ktyagi » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi,
I have been trying the same. I am not able to select any day to schedule an appointment. Weekdays seem to be struck out, weekends seem to be available along with 29-March, but you cannot select them.

Have sent multiple emails to VFS and HCI but no response. Tried calling VFS but could not get through. This is frustrating - no passport for a month now.

Please anyone get any update then post here.

anand87
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm
India

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by anand87 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:58 pm

indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Hi,

I am renewing my Indian passport which is due to expire in 5 months and has my Indian address which is a valid address.

In the passport renewal online form there are 2 addresses to be mentioned -
Address to be printed on passport and Other address.

Now for the Address to be printed on passport - I have put my valid Indian address.
For Other address - I have put my UK address (which I found guidance in these forums for)

Along with the application for renewing my Indian passport VFS also asks for submitting Annexure E.
I want to ask what do we fill in Annexure E which also needs to be submitted as per VFS, I called their helpline but they are saying to ask at counter when submitting, which is not very helpful.

Annexure E is asking the following:

I, …………………………...(name), son/ daughter/ wife of Shri ………………………residing at
...……………………………………………………………………..……………………………..
Date of Birth ……………………… being an applicant for issue of passport, do hereby
solemnly affirm and state the following:
1. That the names of my parents and spouse are as follows:
(i) Father :
(ii) Mother :
(iii) Wife/Husband :
2. That I am a continuous resident at the above mentioned address
from……………………………………………………………………………………………

My question is do we put Indian address or the UK address in Annexure E.

Many thanks in advance for your time taken to review and reply, it is much appreciated.
I would suggest you to put the permanent address - the valid Indian address - that you want to get printed on your passport.

kirukiru
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:59 pm
India

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by kirukiru » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:26 pm

ktyagi wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm
Hi,
I have been trying the same. I am not able to select any day to schedule an appointment. Weekdays seem to be struck out, weekends seem to be available along with 29-March, but you cannot select them.

Have sent multiple emails to VFS and HCI but no response. Tried calling VFS but could not get through. This is frustrating - no passport for a month now.

Please anyone get any update then post here.
the slots open at 12 midnight indian time.6.30PM uk time.. just opens for 1 day next month.. and site hangs at that time.
remember irctc trainn bookings of old time -- all the best

New_Citizen
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:07 am
India

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by New_Citizen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:15 pm

kirukiru wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:26 pm
ktyagi wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm


the slots open at 12 midnight indian time.6.30PM uk time.. just opens for 1 day next month.. and site hangs at that time.
remember irctc trainn bookings of old time -- all the best
Hey, I understand it opens only for 1 day, but is it like it opens for 1 day in a month ? or 1 day in a week?

Vk8787
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:56 pm
India

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by Vk8787 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 pm

I have also been trying for past few days without any luck. I went through this and many other threads to understand that appointment window opens around 6pm UK. Let me try my luck from tomorrow. If anyone else has got appointment recently [for renewal of Indian passport], please do share the details here. Thanks

Vk8787
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:56 pm
India

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by Vk8787 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:40 pm

Update from my previous comment:
I was ble to finally book an appointment. I checked around 5.3o PM UK on Sunday & I could see few greens so I picked up an date and booked an appointment quickly.. Hope this helps others..

sirf02
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by sirf02 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:55 am

today when i tried, while the timings are shown as green with different time slots but no date shown as green..has anyone faced this???

Post Reply
cron