ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Tourist (not e-visa) available?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lora28
Newly Registered

Indian Tourist (not e-visa) available?

Post by lora28 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:54 am

Hi All,

I'm trying to find information on whether or not there is still paper visa for tourist one can apply in the UK? Does anyone know? I know that e-visa is suspended but wanted to check.

Also, looking at different paper visa categories there appears to be something called 'Entry Visa' which under the drop-down allows you to select 'Spouse of OCI card holder' - this could be my husband. Does anyone have any experience on applying for this please?

Thanks in advance 😊🙏

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Indian Tourist (not e-visa) available?

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Indian tourist visa is not available at the moment via either online or appointment route.

You may write to indian high commission explaining your reason, and in case they find your need/ reason fit enough they consider you for entry /emergency visa.

I did not go through OCI route but got entry visa on emergency basis last December. At the time they were directly accepting applications at the embassy in London. Now they are accepting again via vfs, however you would have to still state your urgency or reason.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

lora28
Newly Registered

Post by lora28 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:51 am

Thanks for getting back.

I looked up Entry visa and assumed we would be able to apply. I didn't realise it was for emergency only!

How long did it take for you to receive visa once you applied?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:39 pm

I applied in Nov 2020, at the time it was being stamped directly at the embassy, I wrote to the high commission on 24th Nov and was called in for document submission/checking/evaluation of need and stamping all in one day on 27th Nov.

I suggest you may apply and try to provide as much information regards to your urgency/emergency/requirement, they are mostly considerate and seldom disappoint in genuine cases. For example at the time UK was in lockdown and my sister was getting married at a short notice and they did consider the emergency visa for myself, wife and daughter.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI