ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is fingerprinting available at South Africa House?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JayBee73
Newly Registered
South Africa

Is fingerprinting available at South Africa House?

Post by JayBee73 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:11 am

Hi. I am in the process of renewing my South African Passport. I have received the forms via post and have managed to secure a walk in appointment at South Africa House.
As I am not posting the application I assume that I will not need any certified copies of documents as the staff will be able to do it on site. Is this correct?
Can anyone also confirm if fingerprints are currently still done at South Africa House. I know it was done pre-covid.
Thanks for any responses.

JayBee73
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Is fingerprinting available at South Africa House?

Post by JayBee73 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Just a follow up to my question.

I had an appointment at SA house today. They do provide fingerprints on site and I got them completed during the passport renewal process.

Just to give everyone an idea of the timeline in getting the passport renewed:

1. I sent a self addressed envelope to SA House requesting the forms required. The forms arrived about 6-8 weeks later. Address for the forms is - South African High Commission, 15 Whitehall, London, SW1A 2DD

2. I chose not to renew by post as the forms can be tricky to complete and it costs quite a bit to get independent fingerprinting done and commissioner of oath certification.

3. I emailed SA house requesting a walk in appointment. Response from SA house took 5 weeks. Email address for those who need it is - Civic.appointments@dirco.gov.za

4. They replied to me at the end of July and my appointment was today - 2 September. So that's another 5 weeks.

I'm relieved I finally got this done. Most likely my new passport will arrive in 6 months time.

Good luck everyone.

platplaas
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Is fingerprinting available at South Africa House?

Post by platplaas » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:08 am

Can you confirm that you didn't need certified copies if completing the application in person at South Africa House?

If you could reply promptly, that would be appreciated because I have an appointment scheduled for certifying ten copies (£100!) and wish to avoid this if I can.

Thanks,
Gareth