ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it mandatory to pay Overstay Rs 50 k fine for baby born in India?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ram Kholi
Newly Registered
India

Is it mandatory to pay Overstay Rs 50 k fine for baby born in India?

Post by Ram Kholi » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:16 am

Hope this is the right sub group to post this and links are allowed too.

Me and my wife are Naturalized British citizens. We are expecting our second child in India.
The FRRO sites mentions that over stay above 90 days incurs a fine of Rs 50,000. (£500)
https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/Fin ... enalty.pdf

By the time our new born get his/her passport and plan our travel it will be easily above 90 days and thus incur a fee of Rs 50,000 (£500). Are there any exceptions to avoid this as the child is born to parents of Indian origin ? and needless to say the child is physically coming to the world for first time. Wonder how this is considered as over stay :roll: :roll:

During out first born we ended up paying Rs 40,000 which we got to know at the last min after applying Exit permit. It still is a shock to us how this is considered overstay for a new born specially to Indian origin parents with OCI's.

Please let me know if there are any exceptions. Thank you.