ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids OCI Renewal New Passport Change of Address Experience London Goswell Road

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

longshift

Kids OCI Renewal New Passport Change of Address Experience London Goswell Road

Post by longshift » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Hi All,

I am sharing my experience today at London Goswell Road VFS office for OCI renewal for my kids due to New Passport. Also, I needed the address changed at the same time in their OCIs.

Submitted following documents:

01) Application Copy
02) Old Passport Copy Kids
03) New Passport Copy Kids
04) Passport Copy Father
05) Passport Copy Mother
06) OCI Copy Father
07) OCI Copy Mother
08) Declaration form (This was given at the VFS office when I arrived)
09) Council Tax bill (for address Change)
10) 2 passport photos (2inch x2inch)
11) copy of our Marriage certificate
12) Copy of Birth Certificate for kids (Both kids are born in UK)

Few points I would like to share

1) All passport and OCI copies, they only took photo pages and OCI sticker page. So No need to take the photocopies of all the pages like i did.
2) You need 2 special delivery envelopes per application. Since I applied for both my kids, they asked for 4 envelopes. I only took 2. So I have to fork out for their courier service which is £14.50 each.
3) They DO NOT take credit cards. Only Debit card payments or Cash payment. So please take enough cash as the closest ATM to the VFS Goswell road is 10 mins walk and it charges £1.75 for cash withdrawals.
4) Declaration form doesn't need signature of both parents. The lady said only I need to sign it for my kids as I am submitting the application.
5) Please take original copies of all the docs stated above. They returned all the originals except, kids birth certificates, Old OCIs, Old British Passports and our Marriage Certificate.

Hope this will help. All the best guys. And one last thing, book an appointment before you go. Walk-ins spaces are limited and only in the morning. Afternoon Appointments are quicker. Just my experience.

Thanks

gulz
Newly Registered

Re: Kids OCI Renewal New Passport Change of Address Experience London Goswell Road

Post by gulz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Thanks for the info... that's just what I wanted to know. My concern was whether they will return the kids new passport straight away or not since we are travelling soon after the appointment.

gulz
Newly Registered

Re: Kids OCI Renewal New Passport Change of Address Experience London Goswell Road

Post by gulz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Actually I do have a question - did you (and/or your wife) have to self-attest the photocopies or your kids had to sign? My child is 5 yr old and can barely write his name.

longshift

Post by longshift » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi Gulz,

Yes, both of us signed all the photocopies at the bottom of the page. Kids only wrote their name in the application.

All the best.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:34 pm

Thanks @longshift
Very informative..

baji15
India

Post by baji15 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Thanks for the post. It is really helpful.

However i have a quick question on OCI documents upload - I am facing some difficulties while uploading documents ( scanned all the required documents as pdf format and all are in KB not exceeded 1 MB). Is it mandatory to upload the documents. I am able to print my son oci application via print submitted applications.

Could you please advise.

Thanks
Baji

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:18 am

baji15 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 pm
Thanks for the post. It is really helpful.

However i have a quick question on OCI documents upload - I am facing some difficulties while uploading documents ( scanned all the required documents as pdf format and all are in KB not exceeded 1 MB). Is it mandatory to upload the documents. I am able to print my son oci application via print submitted applications.

Could you please advise.

Thanks
Baji
i am having issues uploading as well..
PDF files way below the max limit.
It lets me chose file and click upload which leads o a blank page doing nothing.

I guess it may be technical issue..WIll try again tomorrow and if no luck might ring them..

baji15
India

Post by baji15 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 pm

It’s finally worked for me, I tried today morning and uploaded all the documents. Hope it will work fine, try doing in morning time.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:36 pm

baji15 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 pm
It’s finally worked for me, I tried today morning and uploaded all the documents. Hope it will work fine, try doing in morning time.
yes i managed to upload just now...

gosh..i uploaded child's current oci to proof of indian origin section and later saw it has to be uploaded to visa section.

how can we delete an uploaded file?