ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Malaysian with British Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xander8303
Newly Registered

Malaysian with British Passport

Post by xander8303 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:39 am

Hi 👋🏽

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of travelling to Malaysia with a child of 2 years old on British passport.

Both wife and myself are Malaysians who then took on British passports without surrendering our Malaysian passports. Our daughter was born during covid and as such we didn’t go down to the Malaysian embassy in London register her birth. We have applied a British passport for her and are hoping to finally try and fly to see our family sometime later this year.

Has anyone flown in to Malaysia using your Malaysian passport but the child using a British passport? Or Has anyone who currently own a Malaysian passport enter Malaysia with a British passport and gotten away with it?

I know in the grand scheme of things we can just give up our Malaysian passports but was possible hoping to give our daughter the option of having both passports so she can have the option if she wanted to live in Malaysia if she wanted to.

Thank you in advance for any advice and your time.