ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother Passed in India , Sons UK Passport to Expire in May 2019 Need to Renew Passport for Visa , Please help

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jaymajor90
Newly Registered

Mother Passed in India , Sons UK Passport to Expire in May 2019 Need to Renew Passport for Visa , Please help

Post by jaymajor90 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi All , My mother has passsed away suddenly in India and me (mum) my daughter (28) and son (14) want to travel to india for the funeral. I have an indian passport so do not require a visa. My daughters passport expired January 29 2019 , however we have just done the paper premium service to receive the passport on Saturday. The issue lies with my son , his UK passport expires in 20 May 2019 and to travel to india requires the password to have a validity of 6months. we are unable to do the paper premium service for a under 16. My family in India are going to hold my mothers body until next Tuesday / Wednesday.

If all goes according to plan , my daughter will have a passport on saturday , then can apply for e-visa to india Saturday and hopefully be processed by Monday, then to fly tuesday. I must ask about my son's situation. He really adored his nani ji and looking at everything it doesnt look possible he can come.

Is there any way around this , his passport is still valid until May 20 and only wanted to go for 2 weeks to be with family, is there any way around this so that he can fly on Tuesday .

I would be grateful for any advice.

Regards
Asha