ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New OCI Application for Minor - Supporting documents

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rashidsiddiqui
Newly Registered

OCI Miscellaneous Service for Minor on UK Passport Renewal

Post by rashidsiddiqui » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Hello Forum Members,

I am new to this forum. My daughter was born in the UK, first UK passport followed by OCI issued on the basis of father's OCI and mother's Indian passport. A new UK passport has been issued following renewal. As per the ask from MEA India, OCI needs to be re-issued linking it to new UK passport. I am reaching out to establish list of documents i need to upload online and submit in person. Can someone who has in the last couple of months been through this process OCI miscellaneous service on passport renewal, kindly share their experience and documents submitted online and at the VAC?

Thanks

rashidsiddiqui
Newly Registered

New OCI Application for Minor - Supporting documents

Post by rashidsiddiqui » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:48 pm

Hi All,

My 1.5 year old was born here and has his first UK passport. I am in the process of completing the online. registration. Both parents have held Indian passport previously and are now UK passport + OCI holders. What documents do i need to upload and submit in person?

In addition to this, there appears to be a requirement to apostille the UK issued birth certificate. I do not recall seeing this requirement back in Jan 2019 when i submitted my UK born daughter's OCI application. It appears this requirement has been in place for a good few years based on posts in various forums. Her application was approved and OCI issued. It seems this requirement may not be something that is strictly enforced. Looking for what other members in similar situation have experienced.

Thanks