ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarized affidavit

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Notarized affidavit

Post by sorrels_mo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 am

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding my children's visa application for our home country. They hold British passports, the embassy has requested a notarized affidavit for documents issued in my home country.

I am wondering if I will ask my parents to provide the notarized affidavit and send it to me to submit along with the other visa documents, or if it must be issued in The UK.

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Notarized affidavit

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:57 am

Hello,

The notarized affidavit usually means that the documents have been authenticated and countersigned/stamped by a higher authority in their country of issuance.

Usually this involves going to a registered notary office (some work with Embassies and are recognised by them), or a court of justice or some higher administration like a Ministry. These will typically place a stamp, a sticker, a number, signatures... etc in order to validate your documents as genuine.

That can only happen within the issuing country or its representations abroad (Some Embassies offer that service for their citizens too).

But if you bring a plain document, nobody can just notarized if for you. Because they can't tell if that document is genuine of not. It has to be authenticated at the source.