ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI and British Passport query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cinna
Newly Registered

OCI and British Passport query

Post by Cinna » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Dear all,

I would be very thankful if someone who recently applied for OCI with VFS London can help with my query.

I am looking to apply for OCI for my family and myself (all fresh OCI applications).

Does VFS keep hold of British passport when applying for OCI? Or is it handed back immediately on same day?

I called VFS just before the Nov 2020 England lockdown. They said High Commission of India need the original British passport and it'll be returned in couple of weeks. I was left a bit concerned and did some researching and found following documentation:
All the Original documents
except current passport need to be submitted alongwith the application
Link : https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16019 ... 102020.pdf

I got this link from VFS page itself.

I know it sounds obvious that HCI page must be correct. But given factors like the pandemic, perhaps rules changed and the page wasn't updated?

Please can some one with recent application experience confirm if VFS/HCI need to keep hold of British Passports or if they are handed back the same day?

Many thanks,
Cinna

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Re: OCI and British Passport query

Post by anandb » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi Cinna,
Based on my experience of OCI application submission at VFS Hounslow in Oct end, VFS only checks the British passport on the appointment date and returns it back. They just keep an attested copy of the British passport.

Thank you,
Anand

Cinna
Newly Registered

Re: OCI and British Passport query

Post by Cinna » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:20 pm

Dear Anand,
Thank you very much!!

Really grateful for the reply.

Regards,
Cinna