ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application Marriage Certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

premebe555

OCI Application Marriage Certificate

Post by premebe555 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:56 pm

Hi All,

I am applying OCI for my family, myself, my wife and our two sons.

1. Do I need to submit our marriage certificate for all the applicants or only for me and my wife? But in the website , it says marriage certificate is only required for spouse based OCI application.

2. After uploading all the supporting documents in the OCI service website, do I need to do Submit the documents or after reviewing the VFS officer, I need to submit?

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI Application Marriage Certificate

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:47 pm

Marriage certificate needs to be uploaded for both your and your wife's application.

You also need to upload the same for your sons applications, you can use any given drop down tags for upload and you may even merge two documents as a single pdf, just ensure size isn't more than 1 MB. You need to press 'submit' online for generating your form to print and signing etc then physically submit on the day.

You need to submit the application with photocopies of each document uploaded and some documents uploaded in original at the appointment.

For you
Naturalisation Certificate
Surrender Certificate
Marriage Certificate

Your wife
Naturalisation Certificate
Surrender Certificate

Your sons
Depends on how they claim their root to india but following would be submitted for sure
Registration Certificate
Surrender Certificate
Birth Certificate

Rest all documents would be checked and returned on the day, submitted originals would be sent back to you within a week.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI