ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drpbalaji1960

OCI application

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi All
Pls could you tell me whether i need to submit the British passport for the oci application. Will they takeaway the British passport for processing oci?
Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI application

Post by dontringthebell » Tue May 29, 2018 4:38 pm

You fill online application, scan and upload documents photographs and signatures then submit an application where they check your originals and return back all but Indian surrender certificate, this would be returned within 1 week. However once the your file is processed and returns to UK you need to go and submit your British passport in person which would be again returned in one week alongwith OCI booklet. (I've based my answer on timelines provided here)
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:59 pm

drpbalaji1960 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:55 pm
Hi All
Pls could you tell me whether i need to submit the British passport for the oci application. Will they takeaway the British passport for processing oci?
Thanks
You have to submit all documents to VFS who send them to the consulate for scrutiny and are retured after a week to 10 days. So your passport is held for a few days. When your approval comes through, you have to send your passport for the vignette which takes about a week. So two short periods your passport is held.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Wed May 30, 2018 1:53 am

ajitk1 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:59 pm
drpbalaji1960 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:55 pm
Hi All
Thanks
You have to submit all documents to VFS who send them to the consulate for scrutiny and are retured after a week to 10 days. So your passport is held for a few days. When your approval comes through, you have to send your passport for the vignette which takes about a week. So two short periods your passport is held.
VFS only check the originals and take the self attested photocopies first time except for surrender certificate. Only second time British passport is submitted in original.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI