ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI appointment

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alan34
India

OCI appointment

Post by Alan34 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi,

Firstly I'm not sure whether I can post regarding oci here.
My queiry is I want to apply oci for my baby.
I filled online application and now tried to book an appointment in Birmingham through hcilondon website. But the calendar shows red strike off dates and greyed out dates which I assume no appointments available.
1) Can anyone please advise at what time they will open new appointments?
2) Is there any specific time that I have to submit documents at vfs centre after submitting online application?

Many thanks in advance

avaismohammad

Re: OCI appointment

Post by avaismohammad » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:15 pm

I hope you have an appointment booked. If not try between 1800 - 2000 everyday, I have read in several posts elsewhere that this is the time they open appointments.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:23 am

Alan34 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 pm
Hi,

I filled online application and now tried to book an appointment in Birmingham through hcilondon website. But the calendar shows red strike off dates and greyed out dates which I assume no appointments available.
2) Is there any specific time that I have to submit documents at vfs centre after submitting online application?

Many thanks in advance
1. 7.30 BST/mid night IST.
2. There is no guidance on this. But appointments are available 6 weeks rolling which should be good enough.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 am

mesn wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:23 am
Alan34 wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks in advance
2. There is no guidance on this. But appointments are available 6 weeks rolling which should be good enough.
Hi,
I managed to book appointment successfully at Birmingham. On screen it says appointment booked successfully and will receive an email
But I didn't get any confirmation email. I sent query to vfs oci helpline but no response from them. It's been more than 10days.
Incase if I didn't get an email, can I attend the appointment and show the screenshot taken after booking which says appointment booked successfully with my details.

Many thanks in advance

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:08 am

Alan34 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 am
mesn wrote:
Alan34 wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks in advance
Hi,
I managed to book appointment successfully at Birmingham. On screen it says appointment booked successfully and will receive an email
But I didn't get any confirmation email. I sent query to vfs oci helpline but no response from them. It's been more than 10days.
Incase if I didn't get an email, can I attend the appointment and show the screenshot taken after booking which says appointment booked successfully with my details.

Many thanks in advance
Yes, take the screenshot to your appointment. They check the details at reception before allowing to proceed further and also attached the appointment letter to the application form.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:02 am

mesn wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:08 am
Alan34 wrote:
mesn wrote:
Alan34 wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks in advance
Hi,

Many thanks in advance
Yes, take the screenshot to your appointment. They check the details at reception before allowing to proceed further and also attached the appointment letter to the application form.
Hi,
Sorry to bother
I didn't understand what you mentioned about appointment letter.

If you mean, they check for appointment letter, I'm worried about it as I haven't got any appointment confirmation

Thanks

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:28 am

Alan34 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:02 am
mesn wrote:
Alan34 wrote:
mesn wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks in advance
Hi,
Sorry to bother

If you mean, they check for appointment letter, I'm worried about it as I haven't got any appointment confirmation

Thanks
No problem. Its the same. Appointment confirmation you are referring to when you search for your appointment with the Passport number. You get the exact same thing in the eMail as well. Either one is fine. You just need to print and carry it.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:04 pm

mesn wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:28 am
Alan34 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:02 am
mesn wrote:
Alan34 wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks in advance
Hi,
Sorry to bother

Thanks
No problem. Its the same. Appointment confirmation you are referring to when you search for your appointment with the Passport number. You get the exact same thing in the eMail as well. Either one is fine. You just need to print and carry it.

Thankyou so much. I got it now