ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for born in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

akythaky
Newly Registered

OCI for born in India

Post by akythaky » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:57 pm

hi,

My daughter, she was born in India. And from India I will apply for her British passport as when she was born I already had British passport (Just father) and currently we all are staying in India.

I need to know how I can get OCI for her when she is staying in India, and if we cannot get from India how long she can stay just with British passport without OCI (she is currently 10 months old - 5th Apr) or instead of OCI can I get any other VISA

Thanks for your time and any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: OCI for born in India

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:03 pm

You were already advised you can apply for an Indian passport for her. It will probably be the simplest.

british-citizenship/overseas-birth-appl ... l#p2001654
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akythaky
Newly Registered

Re: OCI for born in India

Post by akythaky » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:03 am

Thanks for your reply,

yes correct you advise for indian passport but as our plan is stay in India for long term and hence applying for British passport and get citizenship asap.

Either I get Indian passport or British, she needs to stay in India for sometime after she gets british passport and hence checking what is procedure for OCI

Thanks,
A