ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - minor photo specifications

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keepsmilinyaar

OCI - minor photo specifications

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi,
Am applying for my 4 month old's OCI.
My wife had taken a photo and uploaded it for the online application. It was accepted by the online application form. However, now I noticed it and I can clearly see that it doesn't 'necessarily adhere to the guidelines provided on the website.

Is it safe to assume that as the photo was accepted by the online application system, it should not cause any issues?

Sharing the photo here.
[attachment=0]child_1.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
child_1.jpg
child_1.jpg (335.57 KiB) Viewed 713 times

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Re: OCI - minor photo specifications

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:44 am

Hi

It's hard to tell if the photo will be accepted when it is OK'd in the website on upload. It's even harder to get a perfect shot of babies. So, understandably they should be more considerate with the photos of babies in particular. I see only issue with the top portion being cut. If you haven't submitted the application to VFS yet, you can try taking another pic of which you are confident. If you have submitted in VFS, you can no longer amend it unless they raise objection and enable you to do so.

Thanks

keepsmilinyaar

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I was thinking the same. if I start a fresh application, I need a new appointment which will be a month away. I guess I will try and see if VFS accepts. i will get some level of comfort.
We want to travel to India in Feb so timing is key to making any changes now. : )

But thanks.

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:37 pm

Hi

You don't need a new appointment. Appointment is linked to your passport number and not application number. You can just re upload the new image for existing application. You don't have to redo the application just for the image.

In https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome click on OCI Image Upload/Re-upload.

Even if you want to make a fresh application, you can until you have not physically submitted the application to VFS.

Thanks