ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Reference given in VFS is different than in the OCI form

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blacklabel69

OCI Reference given in VFS is different than in the OCI form

Post by blacklabel69 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello there,

Please help me out if you have gone through a similar experience. I submitted my son's OCI application at VFS Hounslow. The GBRL number I was given was different from the one in the form generated online.

I submitted on Sep 10th but till date have not received any acknowledgement and the online status page gives 'No such record' for both the file numbers.

I spoke to VFS help line but the agent says it is usual for the file number to be different on submission and asked me to email the contact email address for VFS.

The email response is asking me to wait for 2 weeks before trying to track online but the page given to me at VFS says status should be available from 72 hours after submission.

If anyone has gone through this situation or know what to do please advise !
My last resort is to contact HCI London but I am not sure if they would even respond.

Many Thanks,
BL69