ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Renewal for minor - new British passport + address change questions

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

redjet
Newly Registered

OCI Renewal for minor - new British passport + address change questions

Post by redjet » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Dear all,

I couldn't find an existing thread for this category. If there is one, I request you to move this over there.

So for a minor child of mine, I need to renew OCI card as the child got a new British passport. I have the following questions regarding the same, it will be great if anyone who has gone through the process can help me...

1. Passport copies of minor + parents - It is said to upload and print the passport copies of minor and parents. Is it just the used pages (photo page, visa pages, immigration stamps) or do we need to include empty pages as well?
2. To upload documents we need to have the file size as 1 MB. For the passport copies, I am finding it hard to get it < 1 MB. Any tips as to how the members were able to achieve this? Did they include all pages or just the ones referred in 1?
3. Along with new passport, my child also has address change (current OCI card has old address). Is it necessary to change this along with new passport number in OCI? And can I submit both requests in same application?
4. Both parents OCI card too has old address on OCI. Are we asked to submit the OCI card copies of parents and would it be a problem if the parents OCI card have old address and if we are requesting address change only for minor application?
5. It seems there is quite a lot of instructions on the photo that needs to be uploaded/stuck to the application. We noticed the normal UK photobooth passport photos don't meet this OCI standard. How did members get the picture as per this format?

Thanks very much for reading...and helping out.

xebec
Australia

Re: OCI Renewal for minor - new British passport + address change questions

Post by xebec » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:37 am

redjet wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 pm
1. Passport copies of minor + parents - It is said to upload and print the passport copies of minor and parents. Is it just the used pages (photo page, visa pages, immigration stamps) or do we need to include empty pages as well?
Just the biodata page is required. Make sure the scan is in colour.
2. To upload documents we need to have the file size as 1 MB. For the passport copies, I am finding it hard to get it < 1 MB. Any tips as to how the members were able to achieve this? Did they include all pages or just the ones referred in 1?
What format are the files in? If they are in PDF you would have to compress the file via Acrobat Professional or similar. There are some online applications such as PDF Escape that you can also have a look into. If they are JPG, you have more flexibility. If you are using Windows, download Paint(dot)Net (free software) and then reduce the resolution to 800x600 and compression to 95%. That should easily bring it down below 1MB. If not, play around with the compression. Save this image, and then save it as a PDF file to be uploaded.
3. Along with new passport, my child also has address change (current OCI card has old address). Is it necessary to change this along with new passport number in OCI? And can I submit both requests in same application?
Use the current address. You are better off using the current address. You don't need to make a new request as the new request should suffice. Make sure you have proof of your new address.
4. Both parents OCI card too has old address on OCI. Are we asked to submit the OCI card copies of parents and would it be a problem if the parents OCI card have old address and if we are requesting address change only for minor application?
It would be advisable to update your address to the new address. There is a fee to update the OCI, so be advised. That way you don't have any issues with your address in the future.
5. It seems there is quite a lot of instructions on the photo that needs to be uploaded/stuck to the application. We noticed the normal UK photobooth passport photos don't meet this OCI standard. How did members get the picture as per this format?
Are you referring to the dimensions of the photo itself (5cm x 5cm) or the box dimensions printed on the paper? If it's the printed placeholder dimensions on the paper, ignore it. If you refer to the photo size, look for the American visa size (as they are similar). I'm afraid I can't help you further on the photobooth sizes as I am not based in the UK.

redjet
Newly Registered

Post by redjet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Thanks for your reply xebec...

redjet
Newly Registered

Post by redjet » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello All,

Another question on this topic please!

We are planning to submit this OCI Renewal application for minor in Hounslow centre. Due to shortage of time, we are planning for a walk-in appointment. Can someone who has experience with Hounslow walk-in appointment, please explain the process? What time to go, how many tokens are given approximately, how much time does it take, and what is the turn around time for your application...much appreciated for your time on this.

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:07 pm

redjet wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm
Hello All,

Another question on this topic please!

We are planning to submit this OCI Renewal application for minor in Hounslow centre. Due to shortage of time, we are planning for a walk-in appointment. Can someone who has experience with Hounslow walk-in appointment, please explain the process? What time to go, how many tokens are given approximately, how much time does it take, and what is the turn around time for your application...much appreciated for your time on this.
As with any government department, be the first to arrive at the venue!