ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI spouse based application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kpatel51
Newly Registered

OCI spouse based application

Post by Kpatel51 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:39 pm

Hi

I’m applying for OCI on the basis of my spouse. We both hold British passport, but she has OCI as she was born in india. I’ve never held Indian passport only British overseas and then British.

In my application I am submitting the following:

My UK passport (photo page).
My wife’s current UK passport (photo page)
My wife’s expired UK passport on which OCI was granted (photo page).
My UK driving licence (both sides)
My bank statement
My birth certificate
My certificate of registration
My wife’s certificate of naturalisation
My marriage certificate (issued in india)
My wife’s OCI (photo and address page)
Letter confirming that we are retired therefore we do not hold letter of employment.

I just have couple questions/

As well as the above do I need to submit all the documents my wife used to obtain her OCI?

I was just searching the forum and that’s what @donotringthebell said for “Spouse OCI card and copies of the documents upon which the OCI card was issued to the spouse” - Is this true? She applied for her OCI over 5 years ago, I do not recall the documents she used.

The same person also the spouse needs to attend the OCI appointment and give consent in writing for the husband to obtain OCI on her basis- again is this true? The appointment confirmation says I cannot take anyone else with me, so I’m little confused.

I don’t want to go there and be told sorry she needed to come.